Sparkling

Monday, June 25, 2012

I rarely put myself first

Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy taking care of family or friends -- but forgetting to take care of myself is a disservice to myself. Sometimes when I spend my day helping others, I am so exhausted I often turn to food thinking that it is the only “nice” thing that I can do for myself. I can certainly take care of others as long as I don’t lose myself in the shuffle.

I make sure to eat breakfast. I take the time to sit down and enjoy my first morning meal. It fuels me for the morning, and I am off to start my day. Look out world, here I come!  I prefer to pack my lunch and snacks for the next day the night before so that there are no decisions I need to make at 6 a.m. in the morning. I do whatever I have to do to make sure I have snacks with me in case I get the munchies. You should see my desk drawer at work.

That was the idea when I joined the local gym last spring. I wanted to make exercise part of my day. I prefer to exercise before I eat breakfast, so I thought I would be sure to get it in and start my day off on a good note. I lasted two months.

Back to the drawing board...

No comments: